Sunday, October 5, 2008

Well here it is my first blog ever! So what should I write..........? Maybe something about my personal life or maybe something that is going on at the radio station? I'm not too sure where to start so here goes.

Let's start in an area I'm comfortable:
First off I would like to say what a beast Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is. If there are still any of you out there that don't think this guy is the the real deal you need you head examined. A shoulder that is killing him and he still throws fro over 300 yards and three TD's versus the Falcons.

Secondly my pick to win this years Dancing with the Stars is now offically out of the competition. Misty Mae Treanor went down with a torn Achilles Tendon (ouch)! She is done and so is my streak at correctly predicting the winner (last three in a row!)

Ok so let's talk about something other than sports. How about the economy. As I listen to all the doomsayers sling their opinons about how bad things are I keep thinking.....am I missing something? Just watch a profeesional or college sporting event. Do you see alot of empty seats? I was at the Badger game on Saturday night and there wasn't many empty seats. I also stood in line for 15 minutes to get my order of nachos. People were spending money like crazy and if the economy was so bad wouldn't people be cutting back on their entertainment? Gas prices are coming down now and soon food prices will start to back off as well. Hopefully everyone's 401k's will start to come back soon. I has a conversation with our station manager the other day about the economy and he said that the media is most responsible for scaring people into thinking things are so bleak. That is probobly true. It's human nature to beleive that something is worse than it actually is. While I realize that some people have lost their homes or had to cut back on their driving ask yourself this question. How many people do you know that have lost their house or haven't been able to send their kid to college because of the economy? My guess is there are not many.

1 comment:

Stacy Griswold said...

Rick ~

Glad to see your blog finally on the internet. Way to go!!